Wednesday, September 22, 2010

#55 - # Go to 5 new-to-me non-chain restaurants (1/5)

Mike and I went to Rancho Grande in Mechanicsburg about two weeks ago.  The place was very rundown looking from outside, but a little nicer inside.  Probably could use a paint job.

Aside from that, the staff was super friendly and attentive.  We both ordered specials (the Rancho Dinner and the Grande Dinner! haha) and were very full by the end of the meal.  I couldn't finish mine at all.  Everything was very good.  The red sauce on the burritos was a little sweeter than I usually like, but still yummy.  The chile relleno was DELICIOUS and I would love to know how they make it.  Even Mike liked it - which means it wasn't toooo spicy. 

However, as it is about a 20 minute drive to get there, and on the way you pass about 3 other mexican restaurants, I don't think we'll go there again unless we are already in the area.

No comments: