Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Harry Potter Series

Well, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 came out in the theaters a few weeks ago and we went to see it opening weekend.  As is my tradition, I re-read all the books before seeing the movie.  And I did it in less than 2 weeks.  And then I got a migraine.  Oops. 

Every time I re-read this series, I discover new foreshadowing (intentional or not) and a new love for the characters.  I love seeing how the characters grow into their rolls.  I love the way the stories are told.  I still have to make a conscious effort to read every single word instead of skimming through the parts I know like the back of my hand.

I haven't decided if I'm going to re-read the entire series again in 6 months when Part 2 arrives in theaters or if I'll just re-read the 7th book.  Seems like I should give myself more than 2 weeks to read them all if I decide to do that.

No comments: