Tuesday, January 8, 2008

#74 - Use my fondue pot

For our family New Years Eve celebration, I decided it was finally time to open my fondue pot that I got almost 4 years ago! We had 2 different fondues - cheese and chocolate. The cheese fondue I did with no problems. We had pretzels, bread cubes, multi-grain tortilla chips, and sausage chunks to dip. It was very yummy and I think we ate almost every drop! I just used the simple white sauce recipe with the "cheddar cheese modification".

The chocolate fondue we had a bit more of a problem. Well, first of all, there wasn't enough. I had a pre-packaged thing that you just heat up and - viola - fondue! But it barely covered the bottom of the fondue pot and the ravenous masses were starting to lick their lips, so we decided to add some chocolate baking chips. It was okay until Mom suggested we add some half-and-half. Oops, adding cold milk to warm chocolate made the whole thing seize up. Mom took over from there and un-siezed it and it was very yummy. We dipped banana, apple, oranges, pretzels, and marshmallows (regular and strawberry). We didn't finish it all, but having a leftover lump of chocolate certainly wasn't a bad thing. :-P

The whole process was way easy and I plan on doing it again soon!

No comments: