Monday, September 17, 2007

#46 - Read 10 books recommended by friends, no questions asked.

This one is pretty straight forward, but first I need suggestions of books! I'd like to do one book, per person to start off, so comment with a book you would recommend I read.

1) Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn (Recommended by Jacquin)
2) Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About, by Mil Millington (Recommended by Melissa)
3)The Westing Game, by Ellen Raskin (Recommended by "Matthew") (I've read this before, but I never had a rule about reading books that I've read before, so it's in!)
4)The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, by Edward Tufte (Recommended by Adam)
5)The Lake of Dead Languages, by Carol Goodman (Recommended by Heather)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

6 comments:

Sillyliss said...

Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About by Mil Millington

Matthew said...

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin

Lucy R. E. said...

i'm not really a "friend"; just a random passer-by, so i guess you're not obligated to take my suggestion :) but i recommend I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

Adam Haun said...

The Visual Display of Quantitative Information by Edward Tufte. Don't worry, it's short, fun, and full of pictures. :-p An absolute must-read.

yourillusion said...

The Bible. Genesis to Revelations.

yourillusion said...

"The Lake of Dead Languages" -- Carol Goodman