Monday, May 12, 2008

#8 - Tryout for a musical or a play.

Tonight I auditioned for Little Shop of Horrors at Hershey Playhouse. My song was It's a Helluva Way to Run a Love Affair from Plain & Fancy. The singing part when fabulously.

The dancing part went okay. The choreographer when to HACC with me back in the day - almost 8 whole years ago! The dance was really fun, but some of the girls there were definitely more experienced than me with picking up the steps quickly. I was solid though, and I think I had them topped with ATTITUDE!

It was an interesting group of people, too. Girls were all on the young side (I was the 2nd oldest there for women) and the Men were mostly on the older side (although, there were some teens).

Another great thing about the audition was that I got to SEE the Playhouse! The theatre has three sets of riser seating (VERY comfortable) and it is really beautiful, especially the lobby. Not handicap accessible, so I'm not really sure how that works.

Whatever happens, I had a fun time tonight and this will put me up to dancing 3 times this week! Woo!

No comments: