Tuesday, July 22, 2008

#52 - Complete a 1000+ piece puzzle

Okay, so I don't have a 1000+ piece puzzle. However, I do have a few 500 piece puzzles. Being stuck in my apartment with a sprained ankle this week has given me some extra time that needed to be spent sitting down with my ankle elevated. Puzzles were right in order. First, I worked on this baked goods quizzle.

Quizzles are pretty cool. The picture above is the finished puzzle, but I hadn't done the quiz part yet. There are pieces that are all the same shape and have the names of the different kinds of desserts on them. Then you have to match up all the desserts with their names. Here's a picture of it completed:

Then, I worked on a circular puzzle that is 500+ pieces. I got this puzzle from my grandmother.
It's all different decorative plates layered together to make one image. Unfortunately, I started to expect that there were pieces missing about 1/4 of the way into the puzzle. And, I was right. There's at least 6 pieces missing, maybe more. The crazy thing about this puzzle was the shapes and the way the pieces fit together. Some pieces in the middle of the puzzle would have 2 sides that were completely flat! Some pieces were tiny, and some pieces were closer to the "normal" size of puzzle pieces. It was fun to do and it is very pretty - I just wish there weren't so many pieces missing. If it were only one or 2, I would make new pieces and put it away. But I think I'm going to give it to my sister to use for crafts. There are a lot of pretty colors.

No comments: