Monday, July 28, 2008

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood

I just finished off the second book of the 4 book series by Ann Brashares - The Second Summer of the Sisterhood. I feel like I am on an emotional high. I thought that Brashares was able to connect the reader to the girls in the story in one book, the connection that was made by the end of the second book was mind blowing. I am in a state of emotional overload. These girls have been through so much in the course of just 2 summers - I can not imagine what the next 2 books will bring. I am definitely in it now for the long hall. The last 2 books of the series are most definitely going to be read before the end of the summer. I finished this one in less than 48 hours, too. I think the speed at which I am reading them can be contributed to a few factors. A) The story jumps between girls and the change in narrative and characters makes it easier to stick with through a long sit-down with the book, and B) The way the book is written does not give you a chance to even think about putting the book down. Finding a place to stop is difficult because of the fast pace and the way life just keeps happening to these girls. I'm due at the library again sometime this week and I will definitely be picking up the next book, if not both of them. I am anticipating a lot more tears of sorrow and tears of joy. Hopefully more of the latter than the former. :-)

No comments: